Hey everybody. I hope you are all well!
Happy Thanksgiving! I know I’m a day early, but chances are highly likely you won’t find me online tomorrow. I will barely have time to pee, I’m so sure. So, I’m saying it now.
Today, I want to talk about one of my absolute favorite things to ever come into existence. Granted, it existed long before I was even imagined, created, or born. It’s been making life beautiful since way back in the 10th century! It wakes me up, peps me up, and gets me through the day whilst chasing after an ever-moving toddler. It provides me a few glorious minutes of peace, solitude, and happiness no matter what’s transpiring around me. It lights the path to happy thoughts and happy places. Yes, friends, such a miraculous, perfect, and amazing concoction really exists – and it’s perfectly legal! I’m talking about coffee, people! Yes, coffee. That magical little word. The word warms my heart almost as much as a cup of the wonderful liquid itself.
Coffee is something that I personally just cannot do without. When we were bracing for Hurricane Irma in Southwest Florida, I knew I just had to prepare to be without power and my lovely Keurig for at least a few days (I knew it would be longer, but I was cutting LCEC some slack). I brewed as many K-Cups as my very large thermos and other containers could muster, and I was ready to weather the storm. Come what may, I had my coffee and that was all that mattered. I could starve for all I cared, so long as I had my coffee. (Disclaimer: This goes without saying for any and everyone who knows me, however, not everybody knows me and even some of those who think they do, don’t. So, obviously I had tons of canned goods for the kids and they were also well taken care of, for those of you who are raising an eyebrow or entertaining the idea that, because I said ‘I could starve’ I was also referencing my children, yeah – you can shove that idea straight back up your ass, and shame on you for thinking such things!)
Now, I am partial to my Keurig brewing system mainly because I adore the one cup system. There’s no waste, I get to enjoy incredible gourmet coffee at the push of a button, and it’s piping hot and fresh the minute I want it. Also, I’ve been a Keurig user (religiously, might I add) for the past 10 years without fail.
However…being the coffee connoisseur that I am, it’s only fair and right that I would look into other systems that are just as capable – if not more capable – than my beloved Keurig. Here are my top 3 brewing systems in order of my favorites – but, keep in mind, these are all fantastic systems and if you adore gourmet coffee as much as I do, you are going to want to check these out!
Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Coffee Maker with 12 oz Brew Size and Hot Water on Demand, Platinum — $159.99 + Free Shipping
Here’s some info, taken directly from Amazon:
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX: 6 K-Cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 filters to help your beverages taste their best.
- LARGE 80oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the K575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night.
- MULTIPLE K-CUP POD BREW SIZES: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.). Brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (Carafe sold separately)
- STRENGTH CONTROL: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature. HOT WATER ON DEMAND: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water.
- EXTRA-LARGE COLOR TOUCH SCREEN: A digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy.
As stated, I am very partial to my Keurig. This is the exact model I have, in the exact color. I received mine as a Christmas gift last year and I’ve used it thousands of times at this point. I normally brew 2 cups per day for myself, and my husband brews one before he leaves home in the morning. So, this baby can withstand lots of use and will last for an incredibly long time as long as you take good care of it.
Before I received this particular machine, I had another Keurig that I received as a gift from my mom and it lasted me 7 years! These machines might seem a bit expensive up front, but they are most definitely built to last. I promise you, if you are an avid coffee drinker you must purchase this product for yourself. And Christmas is coming up – this would be the perfect brewing system for that busy friend or family member who’s always on the go and always needs their cup of joe!
Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer System with Glass Carafe (CF091) — $143.99 + Free Shipping
- Pod free single serve and carafe coffee system
- Custom Brews: Classic, Rich, or Over Ice; or Signature Brews: Specialty and Cafe Forte
- Custom Brew Sizes: Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, XL Multi-Serve, Half Carafe, and Full Carafe
- Built-In frother to brew, froth and drink-all in your favorite mug
- Advanced Thermal Flavor Extraction Technology and Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence
This machine is rated 4.5/5 stars, so it’s a safe bet to make a purchase! I don’t personally own one, but I have used a demo Ninja Bar and I fell in love with it! I seriously want one for Christmas and I’m gonna put it on my list for Santa this year! I love the fact that it does so much more than just brew a simple cup of coffee – but I also love the fact that if all I want is a simple cup of coffee, it turns out to be a damn good one. And if I feel like drinking my weight in coffee, this machine damn near does that with it’s incredible XL sized coffee setting! Fancy a iced coffee? Yep…this one makes those, too. It pretty much does it all except drink it for you.
Nescafe Alegria 510 Brewer – 2.11 quart – Black, Chrome, Cream – Plastic — $156.58 + $14.24 Shipping
Hassle-free, countertop coffee solution offers five different cafe-style coffee beverages at the simple touch of a button. Five beverages include black coffee, long espresso, cappuccino, latte and espresso. Small footprint fits neatly into the smallest work spaces. Modern and stylish design will delight your customers and employees. The Alegria 510 uses one type of coffee, the Alegria 510 coffee. Cappuccinos and lattes are made as the machine warms and froths Coffee-Mate or fresh milk directly in the cup. Creamer is warmed and frothed directly in the cup and never comes in contact with the machine so it requires limited maintenance and cleaning. Brewing one beverage at a time ensures the freshness of every cup. Machine design includes a pourover, 2 liter water tank capacity with 110-volt electrical capacity.
This machine is rated 4/5 stars, and I personally love the new age design, quick brew time, and fantastic tasting coffee that it provides every time. I adore the fact that this machine can make everything from a cup of coffee, to your favorite cappuccino or latte. I think this is going to be huge this Christmas. If you’re into tech gear and want to have the newest, best coffee machine on the market and impress your friends and family, this machine is the one for you! Newly released, it’s already snagging rave reviews.
I sincerely hope you have enjoyed this post and have gained some knowledge about the best coffee brewing systems money can buy. If you don’t yet have a single cup brewer but are in the market, I highly recommend any one of these three. Also, remember – Christmas is coming, and these would make an absolutely amazing gift for your closest friends and family members.
Until next time!